BLAC LIST: Best Cider Mills
Fall is the season for apples, cider and doughnuts. Check out our list of the top spots to snag these goodies right here in southeast Michigan.
(page 2 of 2)
- Address: 7450 Franklin Road, Bloomfield Hills
- Hours: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, from Saturday before Labor Day till Sunday after Thanksgiving; also 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Thanksgiving Day
- Phone: 248-626-2968
Now in its 176th year, this local favorite is known for its non-pasteurized fresh cider and hot doughnuts. Stop and see the ducks by the river!
- Address: 5125 N. Rochester Road, Rochester
- Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, Sept. 1-late December
- Phone: 248-651-4224
Climb the giant hay wall and venture through the corn maze. Admire a collection of antique farm equipment outside and in, where you can guess what the old tools were used for by matching their number to a description.
- Address: 1990 E. Avon Road, Rochester Hills
- Hours: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily in August, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday September-October; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday in November
- Phone: 248-651-8300
Make sure to get a Pocket Pie – mini, hand-held pies available in flavors like apple, blueberry, raspberry and cherry. Let your kids take a ride on a pony, visit the petting zoo and take a stroll down the river walk trails.
- Address: 3685 Central St., Dexter
- Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday beginning Sept. 2; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and Sunday in October Phone: 734-426-8531
At north of 120 years, this is Michigan's oldest operating cider mill. Bring your kids to watch the antique mill turning out some of the best cider around. There are baked goodies on hand, too.
- Address: 11030 Macon Road, Saline
- Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday, Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekends
- Phone: 734-429-5145
Fresh-picked "antique" heirloom apples are the stars here – they're completely unique. Squash, pumpkins and other produce available, too. U-pick apple season starts in October.
- Address: 6580 Judd Road, Milan
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday beginning the weekend after Labor Day until the end of October (call for details)
- Phone: 734-482-2342
While cider and doughnuts are lures, there are also cherries, gooseberries, currants, raspberries and peaches – plus famous jams and apple butters. Wasem holds tours for groups by appointment, too.