BLAC List: Best Cider Mills in Southeast Michigan
Fall is the season for apples, cider and doughnuts. Check out our list of the top spots to snag these goodies right here in southeast Michigan.
(page 1 of 2)
The temperature is dropping, but it has its tasty benefits! Break into the fall season with freshly pressed apple cider, savory doughnuts, hayrides, corn mazes and other outdoor fall fun at these 17 cider mills in southeast Michigan.
Cider Mills in Wayne County
- Address: 9252 Curie Road, Northville
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays starting Oct. 20.
- Phone: 734-560-2840
As 40-year-old apple orchard and cider mill with award-winning fruit wines, Obstbaum Orchard is fun for all ages. Come on the weekends for hayrides, apple picking, fresh doughnuts and hard cider.
- Address: 714 Baseline Road, Northville Phone: 248-349-3181
- Hours: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, Aug. 31-Nov. 24
Since 1873, Parmenter's has offered the best in fall fare, including pies, pumpkin butter, cider, roasted almonds and much more. For kids, there's a Train Play Escape and Monster Truck area, so come on down!
- Address: 10685 Warren Road, Plymouth
- Hours: mill: 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, September-early November; secondary market (10260 W. Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth): 10 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, September-day before Thanksgiving
- Phone: 734-455-2290
Take a scenic wagon ride through the 30-acre farm, visit the petting zoo, pick your own pumpkins and enjoy some cider and cinnamon doughnuts at Plymouth Orchards.
Cider Mills in Macomb County
- Address: 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada
- Hours: U-pick: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily, until Oct. 31; store: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. daily till Dec. 23; U-cut Christmas trees in December
- Phone: 586-784-5343
Blake is the ultimate harvest destination. You'll find an orchard, cider mill and Haunted Blake's in time for Halloween.
- Address: 6350 37 Mile Road, Romeo
- Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from Sept. 6-Nov. 2.
- Phone: 810-798-3611
Hy's is a family-owned cider mill with a special scenic view, which makes it a great place to spend the day picking apples and drinking cider.
- Address: 46462 Dequindre Road, Utica
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, September to mid-December
- Phone: 586-731-6699 (during season)
Middleton Farms Cider Mill is a family-owned spot with doughnuts made daily, old-fashioned pressed cider and a wide variety of gourds and pumpkins grown fresh for the season.
- Address: 4900 32 Mile Road, Washington Township
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, year-round
- Phone: 586-752-7888
Fall weekend fun for kids at Miller's Big Red Greenhouse and Cider Mill features a petting zoo, climb up Straw Mountain and challenging corn maze. Various U-pick seasons run June-October, and they've got an ice cream parlor and greenhouse, too. Tours available for 15-plus (perfect for parties).
Cider Mills in Oakland County
- Address: 3925 Seymour Lake Road, Ortonville
- Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sunday, through December (hours change in late October)
- Phone: 248-627-6671
With a pastoral orchard where kids enjoy a wooden playground and parents soak up the landscape, Ashton's biggest attraction is its produce: apples, peaches, plums and sweet corn, and of course, cider and doughnuts.
- Address: 1479 Ranch Road, Holly
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, until Oct. 31
- Phone: 248-634-8981
Come for the cider and doughnuts at Diehl's Orchard and Cider Mill; stay for the corn maze, playground and hayrides.
- Address: 61475 Silver Lake Road, South Lyon
- Hours: 6 a.m.-7 p.m. daily, until Oct 31
- Phone: 248-437-0150
See the world from the POV of a bee in Mr. Bee's Big 3-D. Other activities include wagon rides, corn (or hay) maze, bounce houses, a "goat walk," Cameron the Caterpillar and haunted houses.