Show momma some love by taking her to one of these Mother’s Day events
other’s Day is coming up — May 8th to be exact. Save yourself the headache of waiting until the last minute and make plans for mom with some fun-filled options across Detroit.
The legendary performance venue and restaurant will host buffet-style mother’s day brunch with live entertainment and dishes like chicken and waffles and cinnamon french toast. (For an additional charge, you can get bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosas). They offer three seating times: 10 a.m., Noon and 2 p.m., and each reservation allots two hours of dining.
- PRICE: $30 per person, $15 for children 12 and under
- ADDRESS: 2030 Park Ave., Detroit
- MORE INFORMATION: 313-961-2543 or CliffBells.com
Legendary soul artists Gladys Knight and The O’Jays headline a performance at the historic Fox Theatre for a special Mother’s Day show starting at 7:30 p.m.
- PRICE: $59.50-$125
- ADDRESS: 2211 Woodward Ave., Detroit
- MORE INFORMATION: 313-471-6611 or OlympiaEntertainment.com
This popular, annual brunch takes place in the historic venue’s ballroom. Executive Chef Frank Turner prepares a menu including roasted prime rib, bronzed salmon and sautéed chicken. The event has multiple seating times, from 10:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Reservations are required for this event.
- PRICE: $28 per person, $12 for children 8 and under
- ADDRESS: 32 Lake Shore Drive, Grosse Pointe Farms
- MORE INFORMATION: 313-881-7511 or WarMemorial.org
The family owned and operated soul food restaurant will feature a performance by Sky Covington after breakfast on Mother’s Day from 2-5 p.m.
- PRICE: Breakfast menu prices range from $5.49-$14.99, $10 cover for performances
- ADDRESS: 17410 East Warren, Detroit
- MORE INFORMATION: 313-469-1732 or GinasJazzAndSoul.com
A brunch for the fashion-forward, this Mother’s Day event will include a fashion show and a live band. The buffet-style menu will include staples like chicken, bacon and grits. There will be two seating times, 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at I Am Thick boutique in Eastpointe, or through PayPal.
- PRICE: $29.95 per person, $27.95 for seniors and $15.95 for kids ages 6-11
- ADDRESS: 315 E. Warren Ave., Detroit
- MORE INFORMATION: 313-434-9232 or TheZoList@aol.com.
This comedic staged reading celebrates motherhood and all its major milestones of life through a series of monologues. The sunday show starts at 3 p.m.
- PRICE: $12 per person, $8 for students and seniors
- ADDRESS: 2730 Bagley Ave., Detroit
- MORE INFORMATION: 313-961-0599 or MatrixTheatre.org.
Traditionally a pop-up dining space, The Menagerie in Pontiac’s Indian Hill District will host a Mother’s Day brunch buffet. Reservations are required.
- PRICE: $25 per person, $12 ages 4-12, Free for kids 3 and under
- ADDRESS: 31 N. Saginaw St., Pontiac
- MORE INFORMATION: 248-648-1505 or MenagerieKitchen.com
The 35th annual fine art festival showcases more that 150 juried artists including painting, ceramics, jewelry and more. The festival takes place May 7 from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and May 8 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- PRICE: Free admission
- ADDRESS: Shain Park (on Merril Street) in downtown Birmingham
- MORE INFORMATION: 734-662-3382 or ArtBirmingham.org